Please note: this is an old post. Please visit this new post to register for the 2021 event and the new resources!
We are encouraging schools, colleges, universities, businesses – anyone really! – to set up a Big Christmas Jumper Swap this year rather than discarding their old jumpers and buying brand new!
It is estimated that 1 in 4 Christmas jumpers are thrown away each year, or or never worn more than once. So this year, instead of throwing that jumper away, why not give it a new lease of life with someone else? Christmas jumpers are often made from man-made, plastic based fibres such as polyester so they will never really breakdown in landfill.
The Big Christmas Jumper Swap Event can work really well at schools and can also help raise money for the school PTA or a charity of choice. Simply:
- Fill out this form or email us to let us know that you are taking part so we can add you to our list of participating schools/businesses.
- Wait for us to send you a link to the free resources, including a poster for the event, template letter to parents and more. Ask children or staff to bring in their old Christmas jumpers. Make sure the jumpers are clean and in good repair.
- Choose a date for a Big Christmas Jumper Swap Event date.
- Set up a stall and ask everyone to bring in £1 or the amount of your choice to pay for a ‘new’ (preloved) jumper from among all the jumpers that have been brought in.
- They wear their ‘new’ Christmas jumper for all their Christmas events and maybe swap again next year!
2 Comments Add yours