**Entry is now closed** Please book your tickets to see the exhibition here: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/whats-on/chichester/jubilee-hall-new-park-community-centre-chichester/photography-awards-celebrating-chichester-harbour/2023-10-07/18:30/t-qjyovlm
Calling all photography enthusiasts and nature lovers! We are thrilled to announce our Chichester Harbour Photography Competition, an opportunity to showcase your creative prowess while celebrating the breathtaking beauty of Chichester Harbour. The competition is organised by the Friends of Chichester Harbour together with the Final Straw Foundation.
About Chichester Harbour:
Nestled along the stunning coastline of West Sussex, Chichester Harbour stands as a natural haven where land, sea, and sky converge. With its serene waters, meandering creeks, diverse wildlife, and picturesque landscapes, Chichester Harbour has long captivated the hearts of locals and visitors alike. This competition aims to capture the essence of this stunning coastline through the lens of your camera, to convey the spirit of the harbour.
- First Prize £500
- Second Prize £250
- Third Prize £200
- Junior Prize £50
How to Participate:
This competition is open to all amateur photographers, regardless of age or experience. Photographs must be taken within the Chichester Harbour area.
- Capture: Venture into Chichester Harbour and capture stunning photographs that celebrate the harbour. We ask that the photos have not won a prize previously, that they are your own work and taken in the Chichester Harbour boundary.
- Submit: Visit our competition website (opens in a new tab) and submit up to three photographs. Please check T&C’s below for guidance on photo format.
- Share: Share your submissions on social media using the hashtags #CelebrateChichesterHarbour #FriendsOfChichesterHarbour #FinalStrawFoundation to engage with fellow participants and enthusiasts.
Our judging panel comprises professional photographers and individuals deeply connected to the Chichester Harbour region. They will evaluate entries based on creativity, composition, technical excellence and impact.
- Submission Period: 1st August 2023 – 30th September 2023
- Winners Announcement: 7th October 2023
Don’t miss the chance to be a part of this visual journey that unites art, nature, and the timeless beauty of Chichester Harbour.
Competition now closed. To book tickets to view the exhibition of entries and winners, please visit https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/whats-on/chichester/jubilee-hall-new-park-community-centre-chichester/photography-awards-celebrating-chichester-harbour/2023-10-07/18:30/t-qjyovlm
Terms and Conditions
This competition is being administered by the “Friends of Chichester Harbour” and “Final Straw Foundation” and is referred to as FOCH/FSF throughout the terms & conditions.
1) Entrants can submit up to 3 colour images per entry form by using the competition website (link above).
2) Digital images will be at least 1MB with a maximum of 5MB.
3) Photos will be taken within the Chichester harbour boundaries, see below. EXCEPT land owned by the National Trust such as East Head, without their permission.
4) All photographs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Technical excellence
5) Entrants must state their full name, address, email address and daytime telephone number and clearly state the location and the month that the photograph was taken.
6) FOCH/FSF understands that digital photography does allow for some image enhancement. Images that have had spots, scratches or other blemishes or minor features removed are acceptable. You can work on the colour, enhance or crop the image in order to improve the composition.
7) We will not accept composite images – those that stitch 2 or more separate images together – to make one image, or entries which superimpose elements photographed separately onto an image.
8) FOCH/FSF reserves the right to exclude any image that we believe has been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity. FOCH/FSF decisions as to the eligibility of individual photographs will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9) The competition is open to UK residents only. Entrants under the age of 16 years need to provide written consent from their parent/guardian.
10) The competition is open to all amateur photographers. The entrant must never have received payment for their work if it has been published in a commercial printed publication or commercial online platform or social media platforms.
11) FOCH/FSF will only ever use personal details for the purpose of administering this competition.
12) The competition closes at midnight on 31/09/2023. Entries received after this date will not be considered. FOCH/FSF cannot accept responsibility for any problem that may result in any entry becoming lost or delayed. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted and no feedback on any entry will be provided.
13) All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of the copyright of all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Where an individual or residential property, belonging to someone other than the photographer are featured, the photographer must seek permission and be prepared to provide written consent, if requested. Entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
14) No entry must have previously been uploaded to any of the stock photograph platforms such as Alamy, Getty Images or Shutterstock because these companies will have reproduction rights to the images.
15) We are looking for original photographs, so entries must not have won any competition prize previously, either local or national. For the purposes of the competition, ‘national’ refers to the whole of the UK.
16) Entrants will retain the copyright of the photographs that they submit to FOCH/FSF. By entering this competition all entrants grant FOCH/FSF the right to publish and exhibit their photographs and the right to publish and exhibit their photographs in print or on their websites and social media. FOCH/FSF reserves the right to use any of the final 12 photographs at any time in the future to create postcards and calendars for sale. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses.
17) Entrants whose photographs reach the finals also agree to take part in post-competition publicity. Whilst we will make every effort to credit photographers, including in printed reproductions of their work, we cannot guarantee that every reproduction will include the photographer’s name. Entrants must ensure that the photograph is not used to publicise or promote companies, individuals, organisations or causes, other than those authorised by FOCH/FSF.
18) By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and FOCH/FSF reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if FOCH/FSF has reason to believe that the entrant has breached these rules.
19) A panel of judges will select the top three photographs, which will be displayed at a public exhibition in Chichester. The winning photographs will also be featured in a calendar and on the website. Judging will be confidential. The judges decision is final and no discussion will be entered into.
20) FOCH/FSF reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
21) Please take your photos responsibly, please read the following guidelines: http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/ourwork/enjoying/countrysidecode/default.aspx