Working with schools and community youth groups is at the heart of what we do. We welcome the opportunity to engage with primary and secondary school age children.
If you would like to get involved with the campaign there are several ways we can do this. You can contact us via email to discuss any of these ideas below or fill out our online form to register interest!
- School Assembly: Please fill out this form to see if we can visit your school to come in for an assembly, workshop or to enquire about school beach cleans.
- Beach, park or playing field clean-up: If you would like to organise a beach or park clean with us, please fill out this form. You could also organise a litter pick around your own school or other local area with the students.
- Encourage students and staff to reduce disposable plastic: There are lots of ways to reduce the amount of single-use plastic used in a school or community group. Perhaps implement a new school goal of only using reusable bottles and cups in school, no single-use drinks bottles. Encourage children to avoid disposable packaging in lunch boxes – replace cling-film with a reusable sandwich box, go for unwrapped fruit etc.
- Sign up for recycling schemes: Recycling schemes like textile recycling and bottle tops not only help by reusing materials but can also raise valuable funds for the school PTA. Terracycle can also provide boxes to recycle pens, crisp packets and much more – check out their website for more info.
- Speak to your school caterer: Get students to write to your school catering company or ask them directly to reduce the amount of single-use plastic they use, particularly if it is not recyclable.
- Download a resource pack: We have lesson plans and resources available for primary and secondary schools on our website here. You will find powerpoint presentations, lesson plans and videos here that you may find useful.